Flying Star Fundraiser Nights – building lasting relationships with great coffee, food, & community!
Our Fundraiser Night Program allows our cafes to serve as venues for local organizations to bring awareness to their cause and raise money. As a place to gather and foster community connections for over 28 years, Flying Star Cafe has served Albuquerque as an active supporter of local charitable organizations
Here’s how our Fundraiser Night Program works:
Flying Star Fundraiser Nights can be held at any one Flying Star Cafe location on either Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday night for a 4 hour period between 4pm and 9pm.
Flying Star Cafe donates 10% of sales during the designated period to your organization.
Flying Star Cafe will create a poster and handbills to be used to advertise your Fundraiser Night. We will display your poster in the café for the two weeks prior to your Fundraiser Night and we will also promote the event on social media and local community calendars.
We ask that all Fundraiser Night Partners bring a minimum of 150 customers to the event throughout the 4 hour period, and actively promote the Fundraiser Night to their supporters, staff, board members, trustees, and our local community.
We also ask that all Fundraiser Night partners bring an engaging and informative interactive element to the event. This interactive element should bring awareness and information about your organization to those attending the fundraiser.
Previous examples of interactive elements:
• Vocal performances by choral groups
• Composting demonstrations by farming organizations
• Kid-friendly solar energy experiments by solar power initiatives.
How to plan your Fundraiser Night:
1. Pick the Flying Star Cafe location you would like to have host your Fundraiser Night.
• We recommend picking the location nearest the area your organization serves.
2. Visit the cafe you would like to have host your Fundraiser Night and ask to speak with a Flying Star Cafe Manager about setting up a Fundraiser Night.
3. Discuss with the Flying Star Cafe Manager the date, time, and interactive element you would like to have at your Fundraiser Night.
• Please keep in mind that the date for your Fundraiser Night must be a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday night and at least one month away.
4. Once your Fundraiser Night has been approved and scheduled you will need to download and complete our Fundraiser Night Application Form.
• With the Application Form you will also need to provide the following items to the Flying Star Cafe Manager by email at least 4 weeks prior to your event.
1. A digital copy of your logo.
2. A completed W-9 form.
3. A copy of your 501C3 Tax Exempt certificate.
4. Links to your organization’s social media accounts.
5. Allow two weeks for Flying Star Cafe to create a poster and handbills to help promote your Fundraiser Night.
6. Two weeks prior to your Fundraiser Night you will receive electronic copies of the promotional poster and handbills. You can use these to promote your Fundraiser Night on local community calendars, social media, and by passing out handbills in the community.
7. Excitedly await your Fundraiser Night!
If you have any questions about the application form, or how our Fundraiser Night Program works, you can always email email@example.com or call 505-255-1128.
We look forward to working with you and supporting your organization!